We have a large Italian influence in New Orleans, so when I cook Italian, it is what I like to call Creole Italian. Italian with a twist! One of my favorite dishes is Chicken Cacciatore. (I think because I like to say the word, Cacciatore) It’s quick, easy and tasty! This recipe is inspired by a dish from Mosca’s Restaurant, a family owned local Italian restaurant on the out shirts of New Orleans. I have adapted the recipe to my tastes and to cook in a slow cooker for when I know I will be out of the house all day. I serve it with homemade pasta and a simple saute of Red Russian Kale with White Balsamic Vinegar. (To make it GF, it would be delish over “Zucchini” Spaghetti, Qunioa, or Rice Pasta)
- 4 -6 pieces of Chicken
- ¼ c Olive Oil
- 1½ T Rosemary
- 1½ T Oregano
- 12-14 Cloves of Garlic, smashed with back of knife
- ½ c Dry White Wine
- 1½ c Tomato Sauce (I used fresh pureed tomatoes)
- 1 t Black Pepper
- 1 t White Pepper
- 1 t Cayenne Pepper
- ½ t Salt
- 2c Flour
- 1 T Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 3 Eggs
- Season chicken pieces, liberally on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium to high hear.
- Add chicken, cooking until browned. Turn often.
- Add garlic, rosemary, and oregano and a light coating of seasoning mix.
- Add wine pouring over chicken. (take caution or remove from heat)
- Add tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes until chicken is cooked and tender and sauce has thickened.
- Combine to form dough. Roll out into sheets and cut into desired shape. We use a pasta maker I picked up at the Salvation Army which makes it much easier. Bring water to a boil and boil until tender.
This recipe may have been shared on one of these linky parties or carnivals. Please take the time and check a few of these great Blogs out!
The Homestead Barn Hop, Monday Mania, Mid Day Gourmet Blog Hop, Fat Tuesdays, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at The Table, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesday, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Hearth and Soul Blog Hop, Gluten Free Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday ,Allergy Free Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Cooking Thursday, It’s a Keeper Thursday, Keep it Real Thursdays,Tastetastic Thursday, Natural Living Link Up, Foodie Friday, Penny Wise Platter Thursday, Friday Favorites, Fresh Bites Friday, Coffee Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Share -It-Saturday,